Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What is the direction of my heart?

"It is the heart's direction that is always the central issue. God knows what the heart is set on. We can deceive others. We can easily deceive ourselves. The humble and honest heart will always be shown the truth" . Elizabeth Elliott

What is my heart set on? Ladies--everytime I have a "bummer" day I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt--it is a heart issue. My heart is going in the WRONG direction. Whether its that I want a different body, or a different job, or whether I'm scared again about being single for the rest of my life...my heart's direction is so focused on ME ME ME...and I end up struggling until my heart becomes humble and wants to hear the truth of God's Word.

I'm not sure how many of my girls in my small group are even reading this blog...but once again, I want to make sure that I am honest and not just deceiving you. While I am so thankful that I am following after God 100%, I have days that it is very hard to be excited about that. There are days when I wonder what I am "missing", b/c I am following the Lord's plan instead of going after my own plan. And there are days when quite honestly, I quit God's plan and start out on my own again. On those days, it ends up being an absolute disaster. Sure...I may find momentary happiness, in whatever--but it is fleeting...and it leaves me absolutely empty and aching inside.

God's word is absolutely full of reasons why I should stay on HIS path. It is full of encouragement and wisdom. It is full of great advice, like the fact that we are to be strangers of this world--so why sometimes is it so hard for me to live for God? Why do I try so many times to be a friend to the world AND to God...it JUST WON'T WORK!!!!

Ladies--this is my prayer...that I will have a humble and honest heart....so that I will not only be shown truth, but accept it. God has such an incredible plan for each of our lives...and its ok that it doesn't make sense to us...its even ok that His plan is not comfortable or "fun" for us....b/c His plan is NOT ABOUT ME....but all about HIM!!!!

Man--How old am I going to have to be before I get that :) :) :) I'm a slow learner I tell you! I hope you all bear with me...and I'm so thankful that my heavenly father is patient and loving and will continue to bring me back to HIS plan!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home